Nick and I had date night yesterday, dinner and a movie to be exact. Against all odds, I made it out of the hospital at 2:15, 45 minutes before I'd predicted to Nick that I'd actually leave. The next two hours involved showering (gotta wash out the eau de Va), trying on 6 different outfits (finally settled on uber cute strapless purple and white cotton sundress) and the never-ending debate about where to eat. There's lots of restaurants in Nashville I want to try before we move (in a mere 339 days), but sometimes I just can't resist a craving for an oldie-but-goodie; we finally agreed on the Cheesecake Factory. The place was packed, but the food was good, as usual. Chicken madeira and a shared banana cream cheesecake slice later, we moseyed on over to the Green Hills movie theater.
We found ourselves among the masses headed to a Saturday evening show; the place was jam packed. I'm picking my way through the crowd, when what to my wondering eyes should appear... No, it couldn't be, could it? No, no, not eight tiny reindeer. Nicole Kidman! Yes, friendly cyber-citizens, a good hard stare confirmed that the famed Aussie was indeed before me. (She lives in a ginormous house in Nashville with hubbie Keith Urban.) Nick was directly facing her with nothing but a foot of air in between them. I tried to play it cool and only stare from the corner of my eye. Once we got inside and were no longer directly beside her, Nick looked at me. I said, "Yes, that was her." Blank stare. "Yes, it really was." More blankness. "Nicole Kidman. You were staring right at her."
"WHAT?! WHERE?! NICOLE KIDMAN?!" Now I don't know if I should brag that even when face-to-face with Nicole Kidman, my husband only has eyes for me or if I should be disturbed at his complete lack of awareness of his surroundings. What if bad guys came and carried me away? Would he even notice? But that's not the point. The point is that Nick made me poke around the movie theater lobby until we could see her face again. Satisfied with the reality that he was in the same room with Nicole, he turned and wondered aloud, "What movie do you think she's going to? Who do you think she's with? ... Why do I even care?"
And that's all, folks. We're not new BFFs. I don't even know into which theater she went. But that is officially my first Nashville celebrity sighting. The end.
w for the win
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment