Doo-dee-do-dee-doooo. Well, it's Wednesday again. For many of you a depressing day, just halfway to the weekend. But you see, for me, all the days are the same. Weekends don't usually mean much - my one day off in seven rarely falls on Saturday or Sunday. In fact, today is a particularly glorious Wednesday because it is my day off. And not just any day off. A day off after two disgusting weeks on Team Failure. A quick breather before diving into more cardiology. But at least this time it's a consult service, which means no nights or weekends. So Saturday and Sunday will mean something again, at least for a little while.
Another thing that sets this particular Wednesday apart from all the others is that I taught the med student lunch lecture. The powers that be discovered the students like lectures from the residents just as much (if not more than) those from the faculty. Maybe it has something to do with us being less over their heads or more casual or just sucking up to get good evals. I dunno. But the significance of that is this: I lived out one of my residency dreams today...
Wearing.
Jeans.
To work.
Gasp! Did you just hear yourself suck all the air outta the room? Re-read the above just to be sure. Yup, it's true. I wore jeans to a workplace that has strictly forbidden casual wear any day of the week. I mean, dudes have to wear ties on the weekend. But the way I figure it, it's technically my day off. I wasn't technically going to work. Technically I volunteered my time to teach the med students, none of whom are currently on rotation with me. Unfortunately no one else seemed to notice, so the dangerous, rebellious aspect of it all was a bit diminished. But never mind that. It felt gooooood.
w for the win
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment