Stick a fork in me, I'm done! As of 8:00 am, July 1, 2013 all (and I mean all) my medical training is totally, completely, and irrevocably complete. Everyone keeps asking if I'm excited. Of course I am, but it's too bizarrely surreal for me to feel much of anything. What have I been doing with myself so far, you ask? Well, I've been getting up at or before 6:00 am every day because Elle doesn't get that it's summer vacation. In fact, she seemed really confused Monday when I packed her in the car as usual early in the morning, but we ended up at the med center (so I could turn in my pager). She kept looking at me like I hadn't yet realized I'd missed the turn to daycare.
What else? Well, there is this fabulous and exciting trip to Florida with Jen coming up TOMORROW! Yay! And Nick has promised me a graduation dinner. I'm planning to investigate the availability of giant turkey legs from the grocery store for him to smoke, a la rodeo food. And there will be trips to the zoo and the children's museum and much, more more, none of which has anything to do with being a doctor. Stay tuned, but as of tomorrow I'm out for a week. See you on the other side.
w for the win
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment