Friday, August 16, 2013

These boots were made for walking

So Target takes all my money. Case in point: I was strolling past the shoes on my way to the shampoo aisle and spied these adorable baby cowboy boots. Now does Elle need boots? It depends on your definition of need. I held off for a few days, but in the end I caved, as you and I both already knew would happen. So there we are, me and Elle, in the shoe section. I pick up the pink boots (with sparkly pink stars on the side) and show them to her.

Me: What do you think?
Elle: [big smile]
Me: But the brown ones would be more practical. I mean, they'd go with more stuff. [hold the brown ones up to her, too]
Elle: No, no. [pushes brown ones back to me]
Me: So you want the pink ones then?
Elle: Ping. [points and gives emphatic head nod]
Me: Alright, kid, you don't have to twist my arm. Pink it is.

And you know what? She wants to wear those things everywhere, with everything.

Brand new pink boots!

"Helping" Nick put on his shoes since she's apparently an expert now.

Playing in the rain, popping bubbles.

Maybe I should go back and get the brown ones, too. Hmm, tempting.

No comments:

Post a Comment