Wednesday, November 6, 2013

The new flamingo shoe game

I was getting dressed last weekend for a girls' night out dinner last weekend, and I walked out in my navy leopard print silk tunic with the maroon skinny jeans and two different shoes. Well, the same shoe, actually, just in 2 colors - royal blue and teal. As per the usual routine, I asked Nick which shoe looked better, in a "it doesn't match it goes" sort of way, one leg at a time. Nick paused to ponder his response; you see, he's learned that if he answers too quickly I'll fuss at him for just saying something and not even thinking about it. So now he fakes it by pausing for a few seconds. But anyway, while he was "thinking,", Ellison jumped up and ran over to me and grabbed the toe of my teal shoe.

I think she wants me to wear the teal one.

Ellison then starts yanking on the teal shoe. I kick it off so she can hold it.

Hmm, seems like she really likes that shoe.

Child of mine then takes off running into my bedroom and throws the teal shoe in the closet.

Or maybe she really doesn't like that shoe and wants me to wear the blue ones. Looks like Nick might be in luck. I might have a new contestant to play Bethie's flamingo shoe game. And he thought he wanted all boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment