So today is gonna be another kid post. Nothing particularly entertaining has happened at work. Well, not anything that is appropriate for publication on the internet at least. So a kid story it is.
Our church offers Friday night childcare once a month - Kid Parent Night Out. It's great - Nick and I love going somewhere by ourselves, and E thinks it's totally awesome to stay up late playing and watching a movie at church school. Nick and I were out for a recent KPNO and decided to pick up dessert from The Chocolate Bar (Uncle Darryl's, anyone?) to eat at home. So we stopped by the church to pick up the kids and got them all loaded and buckled and whatnot. I climbed into the front seat and picked up the cake container for safe-keeping on my lap during the ride home.
E: Mommy, what is that?
Me: Um, nothing. [quickly moves take-out container out of her field of vision]
E: No, Mommy! What is that?!
Me: I said it's nothing.
E: Mommy! Is that chocolate cake?
Me: What?! How did you know that?
E: Mommy, that's chocolate cake! That's the chocolate cake box! Can I have some?
Me: Oh, you're good. Tell you what. Since you caught me, you can have some when we get home.
She was very proud of herself. But I do have to admit that I'm a little proud of her, too.
w for the win
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment