Sorry for all the pregnancy blogging, kiddos, but I just have baby on the brain. Well, more like baby on the bladder if we're talking literally. But seriously, with all the dancing and grooving she's doing in there, it's hard not to think about her pretty much every waking minute.
If you've talked to me pretty much at all over the last 8 months, you know I'm not the biggest fan of being pregnant. I'm sure she's worth it, blah, blah, babies are great, blah, blah. I don't like being pregnant. But in an attempt to turn that frown upside down, after immense effort I have identified two not-so-bad things about the current situation.
1) Less shedding
It will catch up with me later, but I'm enjoying it for now.
2) Satisfaction for my control-freak side
Yes, I know lots of things beyond my control have been happening lately. But just go with me here... I, more than anyone else, know exactly what's going on with her minute by minute. If Nick were the pregnant one, it could be hours between updates. And I couldn't trust that he'd pay adequate attention to her moving, or his total water intake for the day, or Braxton-Hix contractions, etc etc. But since my brain gets a direct and continuous feed from my uterus, I am never without material over which to obsess. And Nick will tell ya, nothing makes Bethie happy like having something to worry about. :)
Roundabout two weeks and counting. I'll try really hard to think of something else to talk about next time. Until then, peace.
w for the win
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment