Sunday, March 3, 2013

A recipe for a great day

I accidentally discovered a great pick-me-up for hump day last week. Follow my instructions carefully and you, too, will have a great day (next) Wednesday!
1) Acquire chocolate by any means necessary. I recommend purchasing from the grocery store, but you could always steal from a baby if you're desperate.
2) Put the chocolate in your work bag with the intention of treating yourself the next day. I recommend Thursdays for this step in order to maximize the effect.
3) Have a really busy next day (eg, Friday) and only eat a couple pieces. Shove the chocolate bag back into your bag, safely out of view of your chocolate-vulture co-workers, while you see your afternoon patients. You can substitute any work-related activity here. The key is to get so busy you simply don't have time to eat your precious chocolate.
4) Forget about the chocolate. Don't look at it, don't listen to the magical aluminum crinkle, and for goodness' sake, don't touch it! Walk away. Just walk away.
5) On the following Wednesday, reach into your bag for your pager (or ID badge, keys, whatever). An amazing (re)discovery awaits you! Chocolate! Savor every bite, giving you just enough energy to get through the rest of the day.
Repeat. I also recommend changing the particular product week to week to minimize tolerance and maximize surprise

No comments:

Post a Comment