Friday, March 15, 2013

TGIF!

Am I the only one glad today is Friday? And it was a short week for the Scholzen since we spent a long weekend at  Mom Z's house in WF last weekend. Let me just tell you, that new kitchen is fabulous. Just needs the backsplash, and then it will be something you could put in a magazine. And that's really fun, but it's also a little weird to see the kitchen look different. I mean, it's been the same as long as I can remember. Every dinner, every batch of Christmas cookies, every birthday cake came from that kitchen. A tiny piece of me will miss the blue wallpaper and the silverware drawer that's missing a handle so you have to grab it from the side. But the rest of me can't wait to take Ellison there again and again to make Christmas cookies and eat birthday cake in style.

Speaking of Elle, here's a story. I took her with me to the grocery store this afternoon, and that kid loves riding in the shopping cart. She waves and makes friends with everyone. And she really loves going fast. So on days like today, when the floor is waxed just right and I'm wearing my clogs that slide just a little, I run run run and push her down the aisle and then... slide to a sudden stop. And she loves it. Laughs out loud. Squeals, even. And how can I tell that smiling face no? So I do it again. And again and again. Up and down the pasta aisle. We got a couple funny looks, but what can I say? Just like her father before her, this kid makes me do things I normally wouldn't. Like run and slide like a fool down the grocery aisles, just to see her smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment