Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Taking the plunge

Remember those commercials from the '80s - the Nestea plunge? They got nothing on me. Last week, I chopped my hair off. Yes, you read that right. I got my ears lowered, a lot. See exhibit A.

Ellison couldn't care less about my hair, but she really digs my new bubble necklace. It makes a delightful noise when shaken, which she demonstrates for me every few seconds.
What do you think? It's taken me several days to adjust, but I'm finally ready to share my decision with all my e-friends. What do you think? I think it's a great haircut and looks surprisingly good. Fortunately, I can't find a picture from freshman year (everything was still 35 mm back then) when I chopped my hair to a similar length with dramatically different results. (sidebar to Jen - soooo glad we didn't peak in high school) It's taken me years to get the courage to try it again. And while I like it, the jury's still out on whether I like it more than my long hair. I guess I have a while to decide, since I estimate it would take 9 months or so to grow it back out.

No comments:

Post a Comment