Well, guys, I'd planned to do this post last weekend, but when Saturday afternoon rolled around, my heart just wasn't in it. What was supposed to be a fun and exciting final weekend of ultimate freedom before starting my new job turned into a grumpy, headache-y, stressful mess. I mean, nothing awful happened, but it just didn't meet the expectations I had in my head, which were admittedly lofty.
But believe it or not, all my Saturday hopes and dreams just showed up a little late, rolling in on Tuesday afternoon. I started my new job yesterday, but it was a little anticlimactic since apparently my office isn't fully set up for me to see patients just yet. So I got all the glory of my new badge (F is for faculty!) but none of the anxiety of seeing my first patient in two months. And since orientation ended a bit early, I still scored some afternoon chill time with my favorite baby. And then Nick and I met our realtor to do a second showing of a house that I think is just perfect for us: a little worn, definitely in need of updating, but on a big corner lot in the right school district. When I close my eyes I can see how beautiful we'll make it. And then to finish it off, fajitas at Pappasito's under the guise of stalling until rush hour traffic died down but really just because we've been in the mood for them ever since noticing their sign last week encouraging you "in queso emergency stop here."
So yesterday was as good as it gets here in reality. And don't worry; I'll keep you posted about the house status. But watch out; if we get it, my Pinterest explosion will begin anew.
w for the win
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment