Thursday, February 13, 2014

Happy birthday to me

Another year down, my friends. And today was mostly like any other day. I woke up early. I wrestled with my socks and shoes (hard to put things on your feet when you can't see said feet). I wrestled with Ellison's socks and shoes (hard to put things on her feet when she runs away). I saw clinic patients. *Special b-day treat #1: My highest-maintenance patient cancelled in the middle of clinic. Like a little surprise, just for me.
I did some errands around the office, taking as many stairs as possible trying to convince Widget to get the labor party started. I did consult rounds. *Special b-day treat #2: My fellow brought Reese's hearts (with a bow on the bag) to rounds. That will reflect positively on her evaluation. I picked Elle up from daycare. I wrestled with her again over tights and different shoes. We went to Prego for dinner with Jen and Chile (how fitting - we are both, in fact, preggo). *Special b-day treat #3: Even though we were initially told there was no room at the inn (apparently eating out the day before Valentine's Day is a thing), they rearranged some reservations and made space for us! *Special b-day treat #4: Instead of sharing chocolate cake at the end, I benevolently mandated that we all (by which I mean I) should get our own pieces. Yum.
So I just finished my notes from consult rounds. Nothing special or birthday-ish about that. But now I have a few precious minutes before bed. So I think I'll go enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment