So Nick and the kiddos (still so so weird to use the pleural form - may take me months to adjust) and the doggies and I were relaxing in the backyard yesterday afternoon because it was one of a handful of truly beautiful days here in H-town. Nick was playing fetch with Izzy and wrestling with Dallas. I was lounging in a deck chair holding Archer, and Ellison was running around in circles, which is apparently normal toddler behavior. And then a wonderful thing happened.
She toddler-ran up to me (kind of like normal running but involves a lot of arm flailing) and brought me a little gift - my first bouquet of weed flowers. It was actually kind of sweet. "Hee, mommy. Dare go. All fo' you." (Here, mommy. There you go. All for you.) I got a little case of the warm fuzzies at her generosity. I even started planning the scrapbook page in my head. But before I could whip out the phone to take a picture, little goober wadded them all back up in her grubby little fist and ran away.
B: Elle, bring me back my flowers!
E: No. Dese my fows. Esson's fows. [No, these are my flowers. Ellison's flowers.]
B: But you gave those to me! I wanted to take a picture!
E: Vigorous head shaking from the other side of the yard
Well, it was a beautiful moment while it lasted.
w for the win
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment