Thursday, May 8, 2014

Crazy going slowly am I

I know it's been a month. Sorry. I've been busy.

So I've fought the good fight against mommy-hood for these last 2 years. I wear skinny jeans and stilettos. I rage against the minivan. I still go to girls' movie night and book club and whatever else I want (as long as Nick doesn't mind being home alone, please and thank you). But there's a few tell-tale signs that I'm fighting a losing battle. Such as what, you ask?

I was in procedure clinic today, wrestling with the ultrasound and a really, really big knee. Like I stopped halfway and busted out a longer needle big. As I was fidgeting with the positioning and driving my needle, I caught myself humming under my breath.... "Graham cracker. Did you say graham cracker? And a chocolate bar, I've got one in my car!"

Yes, folks, I now sing kid songs even in my non-mommy down time. Oh my. If you see my eyeing pleated front, stonewashed denim, please wrestle me to the ground and point me toward the Banana Republic light.

No comments:

Post a Comment