Through various circumstances, I went to my department's holiday dinner party alone this year. So I got gussied up with my hair curled, in my LBD with my blingy earrings and AWESOME fully-sequined, orchid, super tall Cole Haan pumps. Ellison and Nick approved, and off I went.
I walked into the party room, and no joke, one of the waiters nearly tripped trying to get to me to offer me a drink. What follows is my stream of consciousness response.
Ha! I still got it. Guess I'm not as old and fat as I thought.
Hmm, wait a minute. Isn't wondering and worrying about whether I still "got it" a sign of actually being old? When I was 21, my response would have been how that guy can go drool elsewhere. Now it occurs to me to be flattered. Yes, I think that is definitely the response of an old lady. A response at which I previously scoffed.
When did I get so old?!
At least I can still wear the heels without my bunions hindering me.
No comments:
Post a Comment