I certified my rheumatology fellowship application December 1. Since then I've been trying not to think about the whole process since I heard rumors that no one really offers interviews until January. But I got my first interview offer today! This first brought a sigh of relief that I actually submitted my application properly without too many typos. I next moved into the dancing, singing my own praises phase. UT-Houston, here I come!
Then I went into strategic planning mode. The e-mail arrived 11 minutes ago. If I reply now, will I look enthusiastic or desperate? I told myself I would wait until the afternoon before replying. But what if the date I want is filled by then? (Really? Did I really think that? Like all 14 of us applying for rheum in the nation are really going to fight for that one day?) So I held out for 2 hours and then replied.
Next came the anxiety over when the next offer might come. It was easy when I could tell myself there would be silence on the line until January 1; now, however, I wait with baited breath for new messages from myeras. It almost feels like junior high gym class all over again, hoping I'll get picked soon. This anxiety is partly assuaged by my awesome interview suit; I mean, who wouldn't want me to be their rheum fellow in my perfect Ann Taylor tropical wool single-button grey suit with the cranberry silk button-up that I will alternate with the lavender rough silk ruffle-front shirt?
Anyway, if you see any rheumatologist around over the next few weeks, put in a good word for me.
w for the win
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment