Well, the weather outside IS frightful. But I have no fire, no popcorn, not even a marshmallow. I am sitting at the Va Spa (nickname for the not-so-beloved Nashville VA hospital) watching snow swirl and fall in fat, delicious flakes. All week the weather people have been predicting and end-all, be-all blizzard for today, but given their track record (the last "blizzard" was totally a non-event) we were all skeptical. But now I am a believer.
And to top it all off, my clinic this afternoon is cancelled! That's right, folks! Come 1:00pm I am a free woman. Can I get an "Amen?" I am very much looking forward to spending my precious weekend off snowed in with my hubby and my puppies. I am already planning chicken noodle soup and homemade bread for dinner. Yummy. We were supposed to go over to Jeff and Jeanetta's house for dinner to see their place all spiffed up to go on the market, but Small Frye (my personal nickname for their unborn child) decided to make his grand entrance into the world today. At least they made it to the hospital before the snow started falling.
If the snow melts and re-freezes over the weekend, I might need Santa and his reindeer to pull me up the big hill getting out of my neighborhood. Speaking of which, I should sign off and peace out; gotta drive home before this stuff gets too thick.
w for the win
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment