Sunday, January 31, 2010

Winter wonderland



Well, Jack Frost finally decided to pay Nashville a visit; my fair city currently lies under six inches of snow. Flakes graced us with their falling presence all day Friday and most of Saturday, too. The highlight of my frozen tundra weekend was taking the dogs outside Saturday morning. They'd seen a dusting of snow last year and weren't really impressed; this time around, however, we got the desired reaction. Dallas dug her way through the yard and snapped at the snow with every step. Izzy flew across the yard leaving a trail of snow dust behind. Poor Jonesy high-stepped around to avoid touching the weird white stuff. Nick pegged everyone (including me) with snowballs and even made me a snow angel in our driveway.
While we were outside (I kid you not), some random neighborhood lady shuffled past our backyard in skis, cross-country style. You can't make this stuff up. I don't know where she was going; the park area spans about three blocks before dead-ending against a chain-link fence overgrown with forestry. Maybe she was on her way to the grocery store.
My snow-filled weekend is almost over. Nick had quite a time ice-picking his way up our driveway to get the car out for me to go to work tomorrow. But that's OK. Only two more days, and then I wake up to two glorious weeks of vacation! And interviews. I better get packing!

No comments:

Post a Comment