Sunday, March 21, 2010

A few of my favorite things

I missed the boat on the whole Facebook movement of posting random things about yourself. But better late than never, so here are a few oddities and idiosyncrasies you may never have suspected if I didn't tell you...

1) I love the sound of a sharpened pencil writing on a thick stack of paper.

2) You know how sometimes you try to pull a paper towel with your wet hands, and it keeps ripping off in tiny pieces? I hate hate hate that feeling. Little scrappy bits of wet paper sticking to my hands grosses me out. (Best read with a crinkled-up nose.)

3) I hated pink from age 6 to 21. I am now trying to make up for lost time with pink.

4) I was a very bad cook pretty much until medical school. Proof: I once forgot to add butter to cookies. My life forever changed when I realized cooking is just organic chemistry with pots and pans instead of flasks and Bunsen burners. Ever since I discovered following a recipe is just like doing a chemistry experiment, my creations have been much more delectable.

5) I asked Nick out on our first date. He swears he was about to ask me, but patience has never been my strong suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment