Nick and I had the pleasure of spending this weekend (well, 18 hours of it at least) in Arizona for my cousin Dawn's wedding. Everyone agrees that she and her fiance Matt make quite a perfect couple, and both sides of the family have been awaiting this day with baited breath for quite some time.
The whole day was beautiful, from the beaded gown to the daisy centerpieces to the ice cream sundae dessert bar. Dawn, too, was stunning not just with her hair all done up but with the schoolgirl giddiness the entire world permits a bride on her big day. This is even more entertaining to those of us who know that she is not given to frilliness, so I know it must be the real thing. While Dawn and Matt were of course the stars of the day, Matt's giant Italian family was not to be left out; their combined musical talents were quite impressive, even down to his uncle's ventriloquism.
I owe a debt of gratitude to a fellow resident who very kindly took my Saturday MICU call so I could fly out and arrive just in time for the ceremony. It's nice to work with people who care enough to help you out. I was sad to miss out on the shower, rehearsal dinner, and wedding brunch, but it was so good to be there at all. Now that we've all hung up our suits and party dresses, it's time to start planning the next wedding, for my sister Laurie and her fiance Seth. I can't wait!
w for the win
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment