I was sitting around today, minding my own Team Failure business with my intern and med student, when a group of people with Vandy badges and a camera crew approached us, asking if we want to be in a recruitment video. What kind of recruitment video, you ask? Minority recruitment. Hmm. We are two blond women (coincidentally both dressed in pink) and a tall, skinny white guy. Minority recruitment? But sure, whatever. I'm stuck there waiting for admission labs to come back, so I might as well be entertained and entertaining.
This mostly involved filming us pointing at x-rays, , walking around the halls, and in general doing medical-ish things without looking at the camera. (How do reality TV people do that? It's so invasive! Talk about an elephant in the room.) But the best part was when they asked if we have a patient who would be willing to be filmed with us. Boy, do we ever. Mr. M is the cutest little old man ever. Ever. He was tickled pink to be in our video and obliged politely as the crew filled his room with cameras, lights, and sound equipment. Then, sweet soul that he is, he let them film him in his hospital gown talking to us. Cutie patootie! Unfortunately, we've been informed they weren't filming with sound. So it looks like this will not be my big break, and I will have to keep my day job as a medical resident. Se la vie.
I don't know where or when this video will be posted, but I will surely put up a link if I find it.
No comments:
Post a Comment