Monday, April 18, 2011

Tales from the land of Er, chapter 1

Today was my first ER shift for my two week rotation, otherwise affectionately known as the Er. Things got a little crazy when I picked up not one but TWO septic (disseminated infection) patients who both earned non-stop tickets to the MICU. This led me to break out into impromptu song while sitting beside a medicine intern also condemned assigned to the ER this week.

Me: (chanting) I got the sepsis, I got the sepsis, I got the sepsis. (now to the tune of "I Shot the Sheriff") I got the sepsissss... Intern! I can't think of any more words!
Intern: (humming, humming) Oh, ok! How about... I got the sepsissss, but I do not have an S-T-D. No, no, no, I got the sepsisss, but I do not have an S-T-D.

The remainder of our lyrics involved references to various body fluids implicated as the source of his sepsis, but I can't exactly remember them right now. Sorry. Good-night, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment