This is the story of how I became suddenly and irrevocably not pregnant. I find the story so overall entertaining that I'm breaking into multiple parts. Probably three, but don't hold me to that.
Thursday, December 22
I was on "any day now" status per my ob, but I surely didn't feel any different. What was different was that I picked Jen up from the airport the night before. Woohoo! Back from Egypt for two weeks! Before bed, she told me, "Wake me up if you go into labor overnight. I wanna come." I'd had a dream I went into labor during LBJ clinic. Nick laughed at me.
I woke up early early early that morning to round on my Hermann inpatients before heading to LBJ clinic (30 minutes apart). During my drive in, Nick called to ask if I was aware of the giant stain on my side of the bed.
Nope. I wasn't. I felt exactly the same, and she was still moving. Surely my water didn't break. Wouldn't I have noticed? I kinda blew it off. I spent the next hour and a half doing my rounds, checking labs, etc. Then I started to get anxious. About said stain. I even called Jen and called in a BFF favor to get her opinion. Still inexplicable.
So I decided to be that needy, clingy patient and call my ob. Just to see if I should come to the office and get checked. But surely I'm not in labor. He called me back. He thinks my water broke and sends me to triage.
"Just head into the med center. They'll call me when you get here."
"I'm already at the hospital. I've been rounding."
"I'm embarrassed that a rheumatologist beat me to the hospital. I'll head over from my office and meet you there."
He does. Water definitely broken. No contractions. Induction indicated. Boo. "You're gonna have a baby today." Call Nick. Tell your manager today is the day. Jen will drive you.
Oh. My. Gosh. I'm really truly no doubt about it gonna have a baby. Today.
w for the win
10 years ago
It's shocking to me that you waited an hour and a half before you started panicking!!
ReplyDelete