Even I'm getting bored with the never-ending story of how Ellison came into the world. So let's make this part short, shall we? Won't be hard. Didn't last long.
My ob enters. Oh, the baby's right there. OK, push with this contraction. Pushing commences.About two minutes later (literally)... abracadabra, alkakazam, and ta-daa! Ellison Avery Scholz was born. 2:43 pm. Seven pounds on the dot and just shy of twenty inches. Practically a carbon copy (do people even know what those are anymore?) of my baby pictures.. I'd wondered beforehand if I'd cry. Instead I found myself laughing out loud. Nick, too, was beaming from ear to ear. She's here!
And except for the fact that it took my left leg almost 8 hours to wake up (meaning I couldn't walk on it until then), everything in the hospital went perfectly. So now we're home, getting used to being a family of three.
Are you wondering about the final verdict? About whether pregnancy was worth it? Um, yeah. I'm still not saying it was fun because it wasn't. And I'm very happy to be the sole occupant of my body again. But she is a good thing. A very good thing.
w for the win
10 years ago

I love these 3 posts! Congrats!
ReplyDelete