Thursday, January 12, 2012

Battle of the sexes: Creating a monster

Thank your lucky starts, friends. The monster is not Elle. This post has nothing to do with babies.

It's funny how married people acquire each others' habits and tastes. For example, chocolate cake used to mean a 9x13" pan to me. Thanks to Nick, only an 8" layer cake will do now. Even though the frosting to cake ratio is the same, I've just learned I like it more. Feels fancier or something. And I think I use some of his phrases. Of course, I can't think of any right now, so this paragraph just lost a lot of its humor. But moving on. To the part where Nick gets more like me.

Shopping used to mean Abercrombie and American Eagle to my dear Nicholas. Since our marriage, his definition of my favorite pastime has expanded. Dramatically. And not just me dragging him to my stores. I know better than that. It started with going to Express for dress shirts and pants. He was still pretty resistant, often refusing based on not wanting to look "metro." Then we found Calvin Klein and Kenneth Cole at Macy's. Then, dear friends, I made a crucial mistake. I talked him into getting a silk and cashmere blend sweater from Banana Republic. "Hmm, this is kinda nice." Um, yeah it is. Once you go Banana, you don't go back. At least my darling husband gives me all of the credit (or blame, depending on your perspective). I don't mind a bit since his wandering through menswear results in more shopping time for me, too.

And that's all I got. See, no mention of babies anywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment