Monday, January 23, 2012

Burn, baby (weight), burn

Hi. It's been a while. While on maternity leave I've found time to do a lot of things, but blogging just hasn't been one. This has more to do with lack of material than true lack of time, as previously mentioned. I mean, I could spare a few minutes from my busy TLC-watching afternoon to post if only I had anything interesting to say. I'm not sure the following qualifies as interesting, but I'm gonna keep typing nevertheless. (Or would "nonetheless" be more appropriate? Eh, I'm leaving it.)
Today marks the beginning of the end of my pregnancy weight. I've been pretending to watch what I eat, which mostly means dessert only once a day and no second helpings (usually). (I'm digging parentheses today. Did you notice?) But today my ob cleared me to resume exercise. Which means...P90X.
Can you believe I'm gonna be one of those people who P90X? Me neither. But Nick has convinced me it's the fastest possible way to overall fitness. Of course, my goal is actually to be pre-baby skinny again, but that sounds too shallow to say out loud (or type, rather).This first day didn't hurt too badly mostly because I couldn't do the exercises properly. Especially the abs. I spent more time floundering and falling over than actually crunching. And I've spent all afternoon fighting the urge to reward my intense physical activity with a cookie (can we say counterproductive?).
But you gotta start somewhere, and start I have. I'll keep ya posted.

1 comment:

  1. I got Brad P90X for his birthday and I have been debating doing it myself since it is way too cold to run outside right now. I have to work up the courage...and he cannot be in the room while I am doing it. It will simply be WAY too embarrassing for anyone to watch me try to do it!

    ReplyDelete