Sunday, March 11, 2012

Like mother, like daughter

I'm sure I've told some of you the story of my first real Christmas tree. It was our first Christmas as a married couple, and Nick wanted to have a real tree, like he did growing up. While the tree turned out beautifully, I discovered my skin allergy to certain varieties of conifers - mainly the cheap ones. Seriously, I haven't had a reaction to the Noble fir in subsequent years, but the more wallet-friendly Douglas really does make me break out.
I told you that story to tell you this one...

Nick got a great deal on a new brand of diapers on Amazon. A really great deal. I wasn't too thrilled because I liked the brand we were using before. And this new brand smelled funny. Not like baby poo or anything, just way too heavily perfumed. Whatever. We've been bickering about said diapers for almost two weeks now. But over the last few days, Elle has developed a rash. Not a standard diaper rash, but a more allergic-type rash, exactly corresponding to the super wetness protection band (or whatever they call it) of these new diapers. This didn't happen during the previous two months with the old kind. I showed Nick the rash to prove I wasn't just making this up to win the argument. He sadly agreed that we probably need to nix this new brand. Turns out Elle has expensive skin, just like her mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment