I thought about saving this for my anniversary, but I knew I'd forget by then. So while the idea is fresh, here we go, cyberfriends.
Nick and I pretty much hit it off right away. After our first date, we spent every possible moment together before he had to leave Waco for Hawaii, which ended up being about three weeks. However, we didn't know that. When we decided to go to The Olive Garden that fateful Friday night, we both thought it would be dinner and nothing more.
As I sat across from him at the table, I found myself thinking...Oh, no. I like him. I like like him. This isn't the kinda guy you mooch dinner off and then go about your business. This is the kinda guy you fall in love with. You take home to meet your mom. You marry him. Big, heavy sigh. What am I gonna do now?
A few years ago I asked Nick what he was thinking during that fateful first date. His reply: "Wow. She's hot." Flattery will get you everywhere, my friends.
And that's how two fools fall in love.
w for the win
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment