I was shooting the breeze with my ob-gyn earlier this week. He asked me about my rheum fellowship.
Me: Yeah, I've got a ton of new patients in clinic this week, and you know how the initial work-up for rheum goes. They haul out a three-ring notebook and start reading me their complaints month by month for the last seven years.
Dr. Ob: I don't know how you handle that.
Me: Well, you get used to it.
Dr. Ob: I had a call from a lady last week because she thought her uterus was swollen. I told her I didn't know what she wanted me to do about that at 2:00 am.
Me: Ha! You know what I do when people tell me things like that?
Dr. Ob: What? (shoots me a knowing smile)
Me: I tell them they should discuss it...with their ob-gyn.
w for the win
10 years ago
ha ha... you crack me up!
ReplyDelete--Aston