So I just stumbled across this post from several months ago that for some reason never got published. And since I've been a little lacking in posts lately, I'm going to recycle and publish it now. Before you read, remember that I would have been pregnant at the time. Otherwise it won't make sense.
The hits just keep on coming. In a good way.
1) pink and 2) blue in Gizmo's pending room:
Once the samples were slapped on the wall, I selected Watermelon Pink after minimal debate and discussion. And let me just tell you... it's perfect! Fabulous even. Exactly what I was picturing in my head. And it only got better after Nick painted the horizontal aqua stripe. Even more perfect. Even more exactly what I was picturing in my head. Next project will be to sand and re-paint an old end table aqua. The paint might be a bit too high-sheen for the perfectly-weathered look I want, but I think it will still be cute even if we have to go smooth and slick with the paint job.
3) Creamy veggie pasta
For whatever reason I've been super in the mood for both veggies and pasta this week. I don't blame this on Gizmo. I think it's supra-tentorial (medical joke for in my head). Either way, problem solved with a little adaptation on Linguine with Two Cheese Sauce. I recommend a bit more flour to get the sauce nice and thick. Also, I used cream cheese in place of mascarpone because I didn't want to buy a whole container just for a couple measly tablespoons. Oh, and I used penne because I didn't have linguine. Just toss with sauteed veggies of your choice; I used diced summer squash, zucchini, carrots, and wilted fresh spinach. Aaaaanndd... oila! You've got yourself a really-truly-less-than-twenty-minute meal. And it's delicioso, my friends.
4) Gizmo herself
I have had multiple requests for pictures of my preggo self. I have not honored these because while I can honestly look at other pregnant girls and say, " You're not fat, you're PREGNANT!" I just can't apply the same logic to myself. Illogical, yes. But still, I don't like my giant belly as much as I like other girls' giant bellies. However, I finally caved and gave my adoring fans what they wanted. I posted a picture of me and said giant belly on Facebook. I had 6 comments and/or "likes" in less than 3 minutes - up to 19 comments and 8 likes as I type. Either people need to get a life, or my tummy is actually kinda cute. Or both.
w for the win
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment