Last weekend's RR3 was lovely. Full of relaxation, laughter, and lots of scrapbooking. Just what the doctor ordered. Somehow, we got talking about all the hype lately around the attachment parenting school of thought. None of us are believers, by the way. This led to a discussion about a magical one-day potty training someone heard about on a talk show (maybe Tyra Banks?) a few years ago. The magical incentive is that for a whole day, every time your toddler goes tinkle in the toilet, he gets a congratulatory phone call from none other than Elmo himself.
A & C, please forgive me for paraphrasing. I might be giving credit to the wrong person for any given sentence, but I was laughing so hard I frankly can't remember who said exactly what.
Me: So, yeah, that probably works. But what about a week later?
Angela: Yeah, the kid probably thinks, "Wow, what's with Elmo? Why doesn't he ever call anymore? I thought we had a good thing." So the kid rebels by peeing in his pants again. Yeah, Elmo might need to keep calling for a while.
Cass: But then isn't it a little weird when Elmo's still calling every time he goes to the bathroom ten years later? "Hey, Elmo, stop calling. Get off my back."
Me: Ha! Elmo's a stalker!
Riotous laughter ensued.
w for the win
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment