I got volunteered to make this stuff called ballistics gel for practicing needle-guided ultrasound at work. Think really thick, inedible Jello. I therefore recruited Laurie to assist me. She told me she felt like we were playing at mad scientist. I agreed. I'll skip ahead a bit in the story. By this point, we have mad scientist nicknames. For the rest of this post, Laurie is Murgatroy and I am Dr. Zamboni.
Murgatroy: (wringing her hands and fake limping across the kitchen) What next, master?
Dr. Zamboni: That's a horrible mad scientist sidekick limp. You look more like a bunny rabbit.
Murgatroy: I'm sorry. I didn't have any time to practice. I had to make this up on the fly.
Dr. Zamboni: You need to work on it. If you can't fix it, I'll have to rename you Hop-a-long.
Murgatroy: Well, you're mad scientist laugh isn't any good. It isn't nearly evil enough.
Dr. Zamboni: OK, how's this... Mu-wahahahahahaaaa!!
Both Murgatroy and Dr. Zamboni are laughing so hard we can't breathe at this point. I am proud to say Murgatroy had perfected the evil sidekick limp by the end of the second batch. I wonder what we'll cook up next?
w for the win
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment