Remember a few weeks ago when I told you about my epic quest for a tennis racquet? Well, I just realized that I left you hanging and never told you about actually playing tennis. So here's the rest of the story.
Laurie and I have been out to a local park to play tennis several times since then. "Playing tennis" is used loosely here. What I really mean is that we kinda serve the ball and sometimes hit it back and then maybe hit it back again but usually not. We pretend not to see when the other whiffs it. We use the white lines more as guides than actual boundaries. We play doubles, and by doubles I mean we end up hitting both on our court and the court next to us because of all the wild shots. (Wild as in crazy off the mark, not wild as in wicked good.) If we bothered to pay attention to all the rules about the lines no one would ever win. Oh, wait, never mind. We don't keep score, so no one wins anyway. Or better put, we're all winners. The best part might be our nicknames: Bethie "Twinkletoes" Scholz (better known as Twinkles) and Laurie "Lobtastic" Zarnow (better known as The Lobster). Is it bad that I just laughed out loud at myself over nicknames we made up like a month ago? I can't help that it's just still that funny.
You should join us if you're ever down this way. I'm sure we could make room for a third somewhere. Symmetry isn't important. The only rule is that if you hit it over the fence, you're the one who chases after it.
w for the win
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment