Today is my sweet Nick's birthday. I'd like to share a few pearls.
1) Cupcake domination
I made chocolate cupcakes with Oreo icing for Nick to take to work today in honor of the occasion.
Me: Did everyone like the cupcakes?
Nick: Yeah. I told them yesterday I was bringing cupcakes today, so they joked all day about how I'm a little kid who brings cupcakes to school for everyone on my birthday. But they ate 'em! I even got one guy to break his diet.
Me: That wasn't very nice of you.
Nick: Well, he's had your baking before, so it wasn't hard to convince him.
2) Nananananananananananananaaaaa... Batman!
Yes, that is the Baterang on the front of the cake.
3) First world problem of the day
Two important preface factoids include a) Nick's birthday cake for us tonight was Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate Cake because according to Nick it's the only chocolate cake worth eating. b) Nick's big present was a new universal remote because our old one has seen better days. It's the super jazzy kind with a touchscreen.
Nick: [chomping a big bite of cake] I love the simple things.
Me: Right. Simple like your fancy new remote.
Nick: Electronics are different. Besides, that is simple.
Me: No, it isn't. It has a gajillion buttons and a touchscreen.
Nick: No, it is. If we didn't have it, we'd need 5 different remotes.
Me: For all your fancy electronics. Simple would be a TV with just channel and volume uppy-downy buttons.
Nick: But what could you even watch with that?
Me: Static.
Nick: I ask again, what could you even watch with that?
Laurie: The Spanish channel.
Thank you, sissy.
w for the win
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment