We're taking our first trip with the baby to Mom Z's for Labor Day weekend. Nick's gonna start working on the third and final bathroom. I plan to hang by the pool with the baby. I tell you that story to tell you this one.
Here's the scene. Tonight was a busy one at the casa de Scholz since we're trying to get lots of stuff together before the weekend. Today's tasks included getting the dogs' vaccines updated and a tire rotation on the Pathfinder. Laurie got canoodled into role of assistant dog-wrangler. We picked up dinner on the way home. Laurie wanted Panera, which is across the street from Chipotle, which Nick and I wanted. We dropped her off to let her get food while we got ours and then all ride home together. Laurie had not planned for this and hadn't brought her wallet.
Me: Um, they won't check ID, right? Just take my credit card.
Nick: I think I have some cash.
Me: Oh, I have some, too. Here, take a $10.
Nick: I've already got cash out.
He's now holding up a $5 and a $10 while I hold out my card and cash
Nick: She doesn't need that much money. It's just Panera.
I put my card and cash away. Laurie exits the vehicle, money in hand.
Nick: Yeesh, it's like she's our teenage daughter. (Mocking voice) What are you thinking, giving out the credit card? She doesn't need all that money. She'll just spend it.
We tell Laurie the story when we pick her back up.
Laurie: No, if I were your teenage daughter, I'd have made you drop me off way over there.
w for the win
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment