You know how they say opposites attract? This is true but not true regarding Nick and me. I'm uptight; he's relaxed. I'm a doctor; he syncopizes (that's "faint" for you lay-folk) at the sight of blood. I could sleep through a hurricane; he wakes up if the dog breathes in the next room. Get the idea?
But we're also alike. Conservative politics. Dog people. And lovers of all things sweet and gooey.
Nick was a sweetheart and made dinner and dessert last night. Dinner was - who cares! What was for dessert? Dessert was chocolate chip cookie bars because I wanted more goo, less edge. We're already like half-way through the pan.
Me: I wish you liked the crusty edge more, so I could have more gooey middle.
Nick: Maybe you're the one who should start liking the crusty edge.
Me: You always avoid the edge and go for the middle.
Nick: No, I don't. I take the edge, too.
Me: But not on the very first row. You cut up the side and leave me the corner.
Nick: Here, is this better? [cuts a square out of the very middle] Now at least it will be true when you tell your story.
I guess he's realized everything he says is potential blog fodder. Sorry, honey. But just think - you're practically famous on the internet!
w for the win
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment