Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Grown-ups say the darndest things

Two funny stories that I heard on the radio today.

1) One station is giving away Taylor Swift tickets, and caller who was the lucky winner just went crazy. Yelling and woohoo-ing all over the place. The DJ expressed surprise at a grown man's enthusiasm for Taylor and asked if he would be taking his girlfriend. The guy replied an emphatic, "No!" The DJ asked him why that wouldn't be the case. He replied, "If I had a girlfriend, my wife would kill me. I'm taking my wife." Heh. Funny.

2) Anybody know the station that does the "Second Date Update?" Some smitten dude or chick who can't get a call-back after a date uses the radio station to contact the person (on air of course) and ask why he/she doesn't like him/her and/or want to see him/her again. Today the dude called it. The chick said she didn't want to see him again because "we just have like totally opposite value systems." I thought maybe he'd made fun of Jesus or something. But oh no. What happened is while they were at dinner (on the initial date that got the whole thing started), the dude told the waitress he wanted to surprise the table next to them and pay the tab; it was a table full of uniformed servicemen. The chick said she thought that was such a waste of money and completely irresponsible. She went on to say that she's all for giving to charities but that she just thought it was ridiculous to pay for somebody's food who you don't even know.
Hmm, kinda like he was doing for you on that date? Ridiculous, I say. He sounded like a sweet guy. All you single ladies should call up the radio station and ask for his number.

No comments:

Post a Comment