Thursday, May 23, 2013

The Monday that never ends

Guys, I just don't know what's wrong. Nothing about this week has been that hard, but it's been sucking the life out of me. Just lots of little things, I guess. Really sick patients - not dying, just the kind that have half a dozen little issues that all need to be addressed in 30 minutes or less. Spending over half an hour on the phone investigating financially viable infusion options for my patient only to be shut down by the powers that be. My kid pushing me away to hug the daycare worker. Twice. The other guy talking apples when I'm talking oranges and then he throws an apple at my head (figuratively of course). Realizing I'm not as good in the kitchen as I once was and that the finer points of baking are not like riding a bicycle. (Fine, I'll get specific. Instead of custard I got scrambled eggs. And ganache that rolled off my cake into a goopy puddle.)
But I've still got a few good things. Like my precious baby girl, who ran back up to me for another hug this morning. And a handsome husband who still likes my baking. And a handmade gift from a patient. And a best friend who's already heard it all from me but still listens ever so patiently.

And a three day week on the other side of a three day weekend. Sigh of relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment