Thursday, June 13, 2013

Unanswered questions

So sometimes you take care of a patient in the hospital or follow him in clinic, and then he just... poof, disappears. And you wonder what happened to him. Did he fire you and get another doctor? Did he move? Did he, ahem, have a more heavenly disposition? I'd been wondering that about one of my clinic patients just a week or so ago. And then, as fate would have it...
I saw her at my Pearland HEB, tooling up and down the aisles with her family. I don't know if she saw me. If she did, she hid it well. No eye contact, no facial twitch. Nothing. But she looked pretty good in an LGFD* kind of way. And that was it. We passed like two ships in the night without further ado.
So now 1 down, about 6-7 more to go. I guess I need to go trolling the grocery stores of Houston.


*LGFD = looks good from door; often used in mocking to describe surgeons' assessments of their patients

No comments:

Post a Comment