So in case you'd forgotten, I'm still pregnant. Sigh. I know, it seems like forever to me, too. But I'm in the homestretch as signaled by the switch to weekly visits with the ob from the biweekly I'd had for the last couple months.
I went yesterday, and after examining me, the doctor told me I need to slow down for a week or so. "When can you stop working?" Oh, what a familiar tune. He asked me that last time. I can stop working when Widget hits the eject button. But I explained that it isn't really work that's the problem. I basically sit in front of the computer manipulating spreadsheets, writing notes, shopping online (kidding, Dr. R! mostly). Home is the problem. Between the recent packing/unpacking ordeal, all the projects around the house, the usual household chores, and oh yeah chasing Ellison, home is a lot more work than work. What she should have told me is to stay at work longer and be home less.
But I got the message. And even though we celebrated fetal lung maturity last week, the little booger needs to bake just a little longer. So I'll slow down.
Refinishing Elle's dresser counts as slowing down as long as I do it in steps, right? More on that later this week.
w for the win
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment