So I just looked at the clock, and I have no idea where the time went.
5:10a-7:15a - getting myself and Ellison ready for the day
7:15a-7:45a - driving to work
7:45a-1:30p - clinic, clinic, clinic
1:30p-2:15p - yeah, I really don't know what I did. Stuff on the computer? Reply to messages? I don't know.
2:15p-3:30p - around and around and around we go on rounds
3:30p-3:45p - get in fight with computer. Listen to others all around the clinic getting in fights with their computers. IT guy appears and announces that everyone everywhere is having the same problem.
3:34p-3:47p - debate about whether it's ok to leave early since all the work I need to do depends on the computer, which isn't working anywhere
3:47p-4:10p - drive home
4:10p-4:30p - make my way through the maddening crowd at the teeny weeny itty bitty HEB on Braeswood
4:30p-5:20p - piddle around the kitchen and debate dinner plans with Nick - leftover beef stew or carry-out pizza? Let Ellison settle it. She chooses pizza.
5:10p-5:30p - watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse with Ellison finishing said work on the computer from home
5:30p-6:00p - eat pizza
6:00p-6:15p - chase Ellison around the house trying to clean her hands and face
6:15p-6:40p - start making cupcakes for tomorrow night's Craft Club; get distracted multiple times, getting no further than mixing butter and sugar
6:40p-7:00p - Ellison's bath and pj routine; jump and shout and sing and dance when she gets like 4 drops of peepee in the potty
7:00p-7:23p - again, no idea. Where did that 20 minutes go?
7:23p-7:27p - wrestle with Ellison over brushing her teeth (fyi Bethie was the victor but at too high a price)
7:27p-7:29p - Ellison in time out for crying about something, no idea what. Perhaps spilled milk? No, literal spilled milk.
7:29p-7:35p - read books and tuck that baby girl in
7:35p-9:24p - actually prepare and bake aforementioned cupcakes; prepare and bag frosting; debate important philosophical topics with Nick; get tuned out by Nick before we get to the great baby name debate topic
9:24p-9:35p (right now) - waste precious time during which I could be sleeping typing out a minute by minute narrative of my day
Wow. That was exhausting. I'm going to bed. See ya later, alligator!
w for the win
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment