Thursday, January 16, 2014

Resurrection of the blog

Soooo, I know it's been a while. Sorry I didn't call. Or text. Or send a carrier pigeon. I've just been busy. It isn't you; it's me. I still love you. I still want to be with you. I promise. No, really. Really. And I'm back now. So here's just a smidgeon of what we Scholzen have been up to lately. More details to be forthcoming over the next few weeks.

There's the part where we bought a house. I think I told you about that part. But did I tell you about the part where we've spent the last 3+ months tearing out, painting, building up, tiling, carpeting, painting, packing/unpacking, and working every single weekend on the house? And be we I mean Nick. Except the painting part. I have surely done my fair share of painting. Here's the prelude to my masterpiece:

Our front hallway. Previously mauve. Now greige on 3 walls, awesome cream and greige horizontal stripes on 1 wall.

And the kitchen. Oh, the kitchen was bad. The stove hood thingie actually blew air the wrong way. And it was mustard yellow. But not the trendy kind. The baby poop kind. Behold the awesomeness, and beware that I'm going to overuse the word awesome a lot when it comes to our remodeling endeavors.

Floor and (awesome) stainless steel backsplash by Nick. And dishwasher. And faucet. Cabinets and counters by someone else because Nick is strong, but he only has 2 arms.
And don't forget about Ellison. She got 2 birthday celebrations this year. One on her actual b-day with just us (and cookie cake) and another celebration Christmas Eve with Gramzie and Auntie Laurie. Then on Christmas Day, this child actually cried because she didn't want to open any more presents. She just wanted to play with the ones she could see, not mess with the ones hidden under paper.

Yes, she licked the frosting off first.

The best gift of all? Facing forward in her carseat.
And I'm on my third straight month of inpatient consults because the renovations on my new clinic still aren't finished. (Story of my life with the whole renovation thing.) And Nick will be happy if he never sees another tile again. But the joke's on him because he still has the hall bathroom to tackle one of these days. And oh yeah, I'm still gestating. Baby boy's real name still TBD. We're not keeping it a secret; we just can't agree. I like Archer, and Nick likes (Nicholas) Alexander. This lack of unified decision making is very unlike us and is making me very anxious. But one way or another this little goober will have a name in 7 weeks or less.

And I think that concludes our tour for the evening. See you again soon. Please don't give up on me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment