So I've been holding onto these last 7 baby pounds for a while. This is entirely because of incomplete commitment to the lifestyle changes needed to lose rather than gain weight. Let's be honest, eating cake and sleeping in are way, way more fun than eating carrot sticks and waking up extra early for weekend runs. But it's really starting to bug me that I can't wear pencil skirts, so take the plunge I shall. After some discussion with Nick about doing one of those crazy, radical diets (a la the total reset, whole 30 etc), I decided just to keep eating "healthy". (Read between the lines... Nick said no way, Jose.) My only "radical" change is going to be... no sugar for the next 3 weeks. Why not a whole month, you ask? Well, we're going to Nick's cousin's wedding August 2, and there ain't no way I'm going to a wedding and not eating cake. So 3 weeks it is.
I have already been tempted. This morning I made my plain oatmeal with blueberries but no brown sugar (sad). Then I made Elle's waffle with extra butter and just enough real maple syrup. Oh, my, kiddos. I really wanted a bit of that waffle. But I decided the first morning was way too soon to ruin it. So I'm one day down and still in the game.
The main point of this is accountability...now that I've told all of you, it's really real. No lying to myself and saying I only meant no sugar on days that start with "T". Or some such nonsense. OK, enough rambling. Over and out until next time, mis amigos.
w for the win
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment