I love clothes. Jeans, sweaters, skirts, dresses. Especially anything shiny or anything with ruffles.** Apart from my baking, I have somehow acquired within my peer group (overworked internal medicine residents) a repututation for "good shoes." I have chosen to take this as a compliment rather than wondering if people only comment on my shoes to avoid the subject of my intellect, or lack thereof. But I digress.
Other girls exclaim how they don't understand how I wear heels all day. (Secret #1: wear clogs from the parking lot to the hospital as this is the roughest walk of the day.) I also enjoy the compliment in directly inverse proportion to how much I paid for an item. Eg, a compliment on my $50 dress is not nearly as satisfying as one on my $12 purple suede peep-toe heels. (Secret #2-3: DSW and Marshalls.) I will even add up in my head how much my outfit for the day cost just to see if I can keep it under $100, head to toe. I know I'm not alone on this next one because my college roommate admitted the same habit to me; I hold onto stuff I bought cheap/on sale even more than stuff I for which I paid full price. Some things are just such a good bargain that I want them to last forever. (Secret #4: Teach your husband not to put your clothes in the dryer. I love you, Nick!)
So warn any of your friends or loved ones in middle TN that if they end up being seen at Vanderbilt hospital to watch out for the blond doctor with good shoes. She might be planning her next assault on the Anne Taylor clearance rack while you're droning on about your runny nose.
**Disclaimer: I do not recommend dabbling in shiny things that are also ruffly if you are a ruffle novice.
w for the win
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment