Sunday, November 15, 2009

Oooooo, heaven is a place on earth

Hello, all you out there in cyberland! Good news! Nashville just got a little closer to Heaven, by which I mean Texas. CHUY'S HAS ARRIVED! Jen told me of a rumor that the best Tex-Mex in the world was headed to Tennessee, but my dreams became reality when I passed by the almost completed building a couple weeks ago. Nick and I ate there last week, and it was wonderful!! I'm convinced the creamy jalapeno ranch may hold the cure for cancer.

I informed intern #1 (also from Texas) about the arrival of Chuy's, much to her delight. Intern #2 then commented how he is in the mood for a chimichanga. The humor is audible: it's chimich-ah-nga, not chimich-aaa-nga. After having a good laugh at the Yankee's expense, intern #1 and I decided we'll have to introduce him to real-deal Tex-Mex this month. Don't you wish you could come to team dinner?!

2 comments:

  1. Wish we could find decent Mexican food here. It all tastes like something you might (or actually, on second thought, might not) dump in your dog's food bowl. Ick. That's what we get for moving to Jersey, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you've been pretty seriously deprived of good Mexican food. This is yet another reason for you to come to Tucson, which is sadly not in Texas, but is effectively in Mexico and thus has no shortage of good Mexican food. Have you bought your plane ticket yet?

    ReplyDelete