Dear Dr. Bethie,
Help! Sometimes I can see the veins on the back of my hand pop out. I know that means I have vasculitis, so what should I do?
Sincerely,
Warren the Worrier
Dear WW,
You do not have vasculitis. Visibly engorged veins of the hands simply means that blood is, in fact, flowing to them. This is a necessary phenomenon to keep them from getting very cold and eventually falling off. If these engorged veins are cosmetically unappealing or distressing, you may relieve the situation promptly by raising your hands above the level of your heart.
Regards,
Dr. B
Dear Dr. Bethie,
Your suggestion worked; holding my hands over my head cured my vasculitis. But they are getting very cold, feel as if they might fall off. Also very hard to type with them way up there. Going to Mayo to seek a second opinion.
Respectfully,
Warren the Worrier
Dear WW,
Banging. Head. On. Desk. Sigh.
Best wishes,
Dr. B
w for the win
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment