Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Never say never again

Big, self-pitying sigh. Remember how I gloated back in February about my last call, ever? Remember how I told you about jeopardy last year? Well, jeopardy repeats itself. But this time, it took me to the most dreaded of all places... the CCU. For a whole night of call.

Fellow: Hey, Beth, thanks for coming in to help out.
Me: I'd love to tell you it's out of the goodness of my heart, but it's really because they told me I had to.
Fellow: Still.
Me: But, I will do a good job while I'm here, out of the goodness of my heart.
Fellow: And that's why we're glad it's you.

Another big, self-pitying sigh. The day wasn't really too bad. The night wasn't either, at least until around 2:00am. (Why do bad things always happen at 2:00am?) A really sick guy rolled up from the floor, and his issues really just defied explanation. I know you aren't interested in the details, so I'll just sum up by saying that I came home very sleepy and grumpy. My general status is much improved after cupcake baking, working out, and a yummy dinner at Texas Roadhouse.
And now, I sleep, after what is (hopefully) really, truly my last call. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment