My flaws. Believe it or not, I have them, and here they are. No comments from the peanut gallery (aka Nick).
1) my sweet tooth
I would be so wickedly fit if it weren't for my constant hankering for something sweet. Oh, well. Nick bought the cow, and now he's stuck with her.
2) I talk too much.
Yet I seem powerless to stop. I ramble and ramble and ramble in both written and verbal forms of communication. I simply love the sound of my own voice.
3) vanity
I would be better rested if I didn't feel compelled to do a complete beautification routine every morning. But I just can't handle people seeing how I actually look straight outta bed.
4) impatience
See previous list, item #10. Slow = opposite of efficiency; I therefore don't like anything slow. This results in much weeping and gnashing of teeth for me. But to become patient feels like condoning inefficiency, so I'll stick to my errant ways for now.
5) yelling at other drivers
Different enough from #2 above that I felt it deserved its own category. This will become a larger problem once Ellison gets into the repeating everything we say phase. Eh, I still got time.
6) I hate working out.
Exercise is a necessary evil in my life because of #1. Insert pouty sigh here.
7) I judge crunchy cookies.
Cookies are supposed to be soft, not crunchy. Underbake by 2-5 minutes, and my baking snob self wouldn't have to judge you.
8) I'm distractible.
Nick knows by now that when I say I'll be right there to ___ (eg hold the baby) I just need to dash in the other room to ____ (eg put my shoes away) that I really mean I'll be there in 10 minutes because I'll find 17 different things along the way that suddenly seem urgently important (eg cleaning the desk off*).
9) I'm a bit obsessive-compulsive.
Mom always called it a one-track mind. Obsessive is when you think about something constantly. I sometimes do that, but I'm more a victim of compulsion, which is when you feel compelled to act on an idea as soon as you think of it. See #8.
10) I can't think of anything.
Either I'm closer to perfect than I thought, or my mind is suppressing stuff on me. You can fill in the blank with your Bethie flaw of choice for this one.
*Bad example. Everyone who knows me knows that never happens.
w for the win
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment