Sunday, October 7, 2012

Battle of the sexes: Violation of the Man Code

Jen came over Friday night, and we all went to Texas Roadhouse. Three cheers for cheese fries and sweet yeast rolls. Afterward we sprawled on the couches at out place, comparing how full we were (not enough, just right, or sickly). And as everyone knows, Friday is bride day on TLC, so we watched Say Yes to the Dress.

Mom: Is this the girl who wants a ruffly dress?
Jen: No, this is a different girl. Where are they?
Nick: They don't just show people buying dresses. Sometimes they show fittings, too.
Awkward pause with everyone staring at Nick.
Nick: And if you ask how I know that, it's because I have watched this show way too much. Beth always has it on.
Continue staring.
Nick: And this is what I get for being a supportive husband and wanting to do things together.
Me: I think you just lost a man card, honey.
Nick: Well, I try to watch my shows together, but you just leave.
Me: That's because they're boring.
Nick: So when people ask me what I did Friday night...
Me: Just tell them you went to Roadhouse and leave it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment