Remember how I recently told you about how people google me now? I'm sitting in the office typing a note between patients a couple weeks ago when my cell phone rings...
Me: Hello?
Caller: Hi, is this Dr. Beth Scholz?
Me: Yes, who's calling?
Caller: Um, I have an appointment with you at noon...
Me: WHAT?! HOW DID YOU GET THIS NUMBER?!
Caller: Uh, sorry, I just found it on the internet. I'm, I'm just trying to let someone know I'll be a few minutes late because I'm stuck in traffic. I thought this was your office phone, but it seems like it's your personal phone, huh?
Me: Get here whenever you can. But my office number is 777-777-7777.
[Typing angrily] beth scholz rheumatology
Me: Gasp!
[storming down the hallway]
Me: Guess who just called me, on my cell phone?
Dr. Attending: Huh?
Me: My twelve o'clock. He just googled my name and found MY CELL PHONE NUMBER! So I googled my name, and guess what? ALL OF OUR CELL PHONES ARE ON THE INTERNET!
Dr. A: Huh?
[more typing] doctor attending rheumatology
Dr. A: Gasp! HOW DID OUR CELL PHONE NUMBERS GET ON THE INTERNET?!
Me: I DON'T KNOW! I just can't believe nobody's found them before now! [running through the clinic] OUR CELL PHONE NUMBERS ARE ON THE INTERNET!
Collective: Gasp!
Needless to say, this situation was rapidly rectified. So google me now, I dare ya.
w for the win
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment